Monday, May 17, 2010

Green Lemons...

During a strange part of my life I once worked in a liquor store on the shitty side of town. And in this magical place for pimps, crack-heads and gee-wanna-bees to meet, greet and prepare to get crunked-up I heard some really dumb shit.

One such night, a lady came in and walked up to the cooler doors to stare vacantly at the selection on offer. In one of these doors was a re-purposed can holder suction cup gizmo that we used to chill limes in. The hand made sign on the thing clearly said "limes - 99 cents". The lady looked at it and the limes for a few moments and then to nobody in particular said...

"Wow, they sell green lemons here."

The idiocy of the world never ceases to amaze me and at the same time I feel so deeply pained at how utterly dumb some people in the world can be.

Now this is not just an attack on an unwitting simpleton with poor access to education. I do truly feel that society has failed this person and so many others. But still I wonder to this day, who in the fuck doesn't know what the hell a lime is?

No comments:

Post a Comment